Friday, March 28, 2008

Duplicate site and content - different top level domain?

Hi all

I'm new to this forum, so this is my first post - here goes:

I currently have a South African site (.co.za) where I offer products and services. I would like to expand this to site to offer products to the international market (.com). Can I now simply copy the site onto my .com domain, or do I have to create a completely unique site? Much of the site is applicable to both domains, but there are some key differences to the products.

I'm a bit worried about the duplicate content issue.

Best regards
Bernard

____________________________________________________________________
It is a tricky buisness.
but yes, always have unique content and make sure you do not set a geotarget to any country specific and ensure you are getting a wide range of international relevant links.

____________________________________________________________________
copying content would be similar to perfoming HARA-KIRI on your own websites.

You should always make sure to use seperate content on other websites.
____________________________________________________________________
There are a few different reasons why search engines dislike duplicated content. One is that they don’t want to show the same pages in their search results. Another is that they don’t want to spend the resources in indexing pages that are substantially similar.
____________________________________________________________________

7 Comments:

Complete Web Solutions said...

Please add my link on ur blog

Dear Webmaster,

As a part of ongoing campaign to increase the Link Popularity of
My website I am looking for some good potential sites like yours. I review your
Site and find that, in SEO perspective your site is perfect. Also, this would be
A great resource for my visitors too.

I would request you to consider listing under your "exchange links" Section.

The relevant sites I would like to suggest for inclusion is : -
http://www.Sbwebx.Solutions.blogspot.com

Here is the detail of my site:-
Title: Web Application Development Company
Description Professional experts in the field of Online Marketing, Web Designing, Web Development, E-Commerce Solutions, PPC, SEO, SEM, Link Building, PHP Development, Content Management System, Shopping Cart Development, Web 2.0 Development and Joomla Development.
URL: http://www.Sbwebx.Solutions.blogspot.com



Your link will be added here
http://www.Sbwebx.Solutions.blogspot.com after once your
Reply within 48 working hours.

Thank you very much for your time and web support. I look forward to hearing
From you soon!

Best Regards,
Sbwebx
Sbwebx Pvt.Ltd.
Email: Sbwebx@ymail.com


"Experts in SEO & Linking Campaign"

Disclaimer: This is a one-time email request and we will write back to you only
Upon receipt of your reply. We strictly adhere to United States Federal Laws of
Anti-spamming – CAN-SPA act of 2003.

Tags said...

Hi
Link exchange is the popular method of increasing page rank and generating maximum incoming traffic.
But i want to improve the traffic of my sites and wanna get good ranking in Google
Can anyone suggest any other means to get top 10 ranking in Google in short period of time.

SEO Consultancy

Tags said...

Hi
Link exchange is the popular method of increasing page rank and generating maximum incoming traffic.
But i want to improve the traffic of my sites and wanna get good ranking in Google
Can anyone suggest any other means to get top 10 ranking in Google in short period of time.

Automated Link Building?
SEO Consultancy

Web Developers Chennai said...

We are one of the Leading Web Design and Development Company in chennai,our services are web design,web hosting,seo outsourcing to india,business blogging,brochure design,logo design,graphic design,etc,please add my website into your blogger,it is very useful for us.

sathya said...

Great article.I like your thougths and it's really great.Great discussion.Thanks for sharing.
E-commerce web developer

Anonymous said...

Nice website Very interesting post Looking towards another great blog Thanks
Domain name registration india

Unknown said...

Thanks for the wonderful sharing!

PHP Web Development Company India